Knitting Guild of Greater Buffalo
Programs 2022 – 2023
The Board of TKGGB is committed to working within the Local, State and Federal guidelines regarding group get togethers during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Masking is optional. While we celebrate this hopeful step, we strongly encourage any member who is not vaccinated to wear a mask and further, any member who has concerns should continue to wear one and feel comfortable doing so. Our sign in table will also continue to have extra masks available.
- September 1
- Knitting in Comfort: Paula Schank is a retired Licensed Massage Therapist, with a Bachelor of Science in Holistic Bodywork. For 23 years she had a private practice while teaching in NYS accredited Massage Therapy programs in Buffalo and Rochester. Paula will show you ways to knit for hours in comfort. The notes from this fabulous program can be found on our Members’ Page
- October 6
- Crochet Your Knits with Alex Efthemis. Do you often think your neckline needs a little stability? That your “vanilla” sweater could use a little zip? Alex will walk us through some ways to bring simple crochet stitches to your knitting.
- Alex Efthemis is an enthusiastic and prolific sewist, quilter, knitter, and crocheter. Do you have a piece that needs a little something something? Embellish it with flora, fringes, or ruffles. Is your neckline a tad sloppy? Alex will show you how to bring in some subtle reinforcements. So join us at our meeting for some knitting thrills that do need simple crochet skills!
- November 3
- Estonian Roosimine (rose sa meen a see) with Bonnie Morrisey. Click HERE for homework.
- Roosimine is an Estonian inlay technique that creates the appearance of embroidery through intentional floats in contrasting yarn on the right side of your knitting. It’s the perfect technique to add some embellishment to your knitting that is easier than intarsia. The name Roosimine translates to “decorating with roses”, which comes from a style of short stitch embroidery done on the Estonian island of Muhu.
- December 1 The December Potluck is back! Join us for an evening of food and frolic. Food, games, and so many raffle drawings!
- Menu Dinner ready around 6:30
- Chicken Piccata & Pasta with Marinara, coffee & water provided by Guild Hospitality
- Please feel free to bring your own soft beverages
- Side Dishes and Desserts from you! You will receive a reminder from Barb if you signed up to bring something. Please give it to her to set up before 6:30:-)
- A Huge Shout Out to our Raffle Sponsors
- January – NO MEETINGper se
- Workshop -with Sue Yarborough details to follow
- February 2
- Brioche with Ann Falcone
- March 2
- Double Knitting An introduction to double knitting with a small hotpad
- April 13 – please note the date change
- Round Robin Workshops
- May 4
- iCord Applications – Sue Yarborough
- June 1
- Yarn Auction
- June 11
- Knit in Public Day – 1 pm Bidwell Park – just west of the intersection of Bidwell & Elmwood Ave.