The Knitting Guild of Greater Buffalo fosters the highest standards of excellence in the practice of knitting through an active program of education and study, promoting interest, appreciation, and skill.
We have resumed in-person meetings and per NY State and local guidelines masks are now optional. While we celebrate this hopeful step, we strongly encourage any member who is not vaccinated to wear a mask and further, any member who has concerns should continue to wear one and feel comfortable doing so. Our sign in table will also continue to have extra masks available.
Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month – doors open at 6:30 with the meeting starting at 7:00. A thorough schedule of events is found on our Calendar page.
Our meeting location address is:
St. Leo the Great
885 Sweet Home Rd
Amherst, NY 14226
click here for customized directions
Now that we are heading into the Buffalo winter, a reminder that we follow the Sweet Home School District’s weather related closing schedule, including after school activities. We will also post to our Facebook, Instagram and Ravelry pages in the event of a cancellation. Please be sure to check before heading out!
here is a link to a list of area closings
The Board of TKGGB is committed to working within the Local, State and Federal guidelines regarding group get togethers during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- February 3 – 5 Delmarva Wool & Fiber Expo
- February 9 – 12 Vogue Knitting Live
- February 16 Guild Sip & Knit 6 pm 42 North Brewing Co. East Aurora
- February 19 Tina Turner Knits Fiber Arts Festival
- February 26 Fiber Arts Festival – Henrietta
- February 10 – 12 Sauder Village Knitting and Fiber Arts Retreat
- March 18 For the LOVE of Fiber – PA
- March 16 – 18 Holy Sheep Spring Knitting Retreat
- March 17 – 19 Tina Turner Knits Retreat – Silver Lake, Perry NY
- March 24 & 25 Longmeadow Farm Open House and Day Retreat at the BrickInn
- March 30 – April 2 Knit New Hampshire
- March 31 – April 2 Vermont Knit & Fiber Retreat
please click here for more information.