THE KNITTING GUILD OF GREATER BUFFALO SEASON 2017-18
SEPTEMBER 7, 2017 KNITS THAT FIT!
Presented by Heather Lodinsky, Master Knitter and Designer
Have you ever knit a garment only to find after you’re done it doesn’t fit and there’s no way to wear it? Start the Guild season off tonight learning how to make your knits fit by customizing patterns for your body type and size. Heather Lodinsky will teach us how to adapt patterns so you can proudly wear your Knits That Fit!
Reference used by Heather for standard sizes is here: Heather Knits that Fit
- Introduction of Board Members , Welcome to Members-Meet the Board and fellow members, Update on using Guild’s Ravelry Group Page
- Sue’s Tips and Tricks – Sue Yarborough introduces our fun KAL that teaches you new skills and gives you a project ready for gift giving for you or a friend!
- Also tonight: What skill building class will you take during our November Mini Seminars? Tonight is the night to sign up! After tonight registration will be via Ravelry only. Don’t delay –get the class you want.
OCTOBER 5, 2017 Knit for a Lifetime -The Body Mechanics of Knitting
Presented by Dean Carroll, Licensed Occupational Therapist, VNA WNY
The repetitive action of knitting can lead to deliberating injuries and a shortened knitting career. Tonight learn how to Knit For a Lifetime as Dean Carroll teaches us proper positioning from the ground up and targeted exercises that will lead to a lifetime of kitting enjoyment. This hands on course will explore basic anatomy and easy techniques everyone can use to add years to their knitting enjoyment!
- Sue’s Tips and Tricks – Segment # 2
- Summer Show and Tell – What did you knit over the summer? Bring the one item you love from your summer knitting and show it off tonight!
NOVEMBER 2, 2016 MINI CLASSES
Member to Member teaching! Come prepared with the supplies and homework for the mini-class you are registered for. If you are not registered for a class we ask that you knit and socialize in the lobby as the meeting space will be for classroom use only tonight.
DECEMBER 7, 2017 KNITTING ADVENTURES AROUND THE WORLD–MEETING CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER. PROGRAM WILL BE HELD IN JANUARY, ALONG WITH CHARITY KNITTING.
JANUARY 4, 2017 KNITTING ADVENTURES AND CHARITY KNITTING
Presented by Nancy Tepas, Master Knitter and Adventurer
Go on an adventure around the world tonight with Nancy Tepas who will show us the many places to take your knitting. You don’t need to sit in that same comfy chair – hit the road with your knitting and learn about knitting and the culture that goes with it! With the New Year about to start, tonight is the perfect time to plan your Knitting Adventure!
- Sue’s Tips and Tricks — cutting the steek
- Holiday Knitted Display – What holiday themed knits have you created? Perhaps an ugly Christmas Sweater, Christmas Sticking, Holiday Socks or Decorations? Whatever it is, bring in tonight to display and offer inspiration for that last minute holiday knitting. Be sure to label your project with a card displaying the pattern name.
FEBRUARY 1, 2017 BUST THAT STASH
Presented by Linda Collignon, Owner Raveloe Fibers
Do you have lots of stash or remnant yarn that you have no idea what to do with? Linda shows us tonight how to bust our stash and use all the fabulous yarn in our collection.
- Sue’s Tips and Tricks
- Show and Tell – Bring in 1 knitted item you’ve knit from stash and remnant yarn and show it off!
March 1, 2017 ANNUAL AUCTION
Always one of the most popular events on the Knitting Guild’s calendar of events; get ready to bid high for the yarn you desire. Money raised from the auction offsets seminar costs.
**This is a members only event**
APRIL 12th YARN WEIGHTS, PLY, OH MY!
Presented by Jenna Meyer – Master Knitter and Knit/Yarn Entrepreneur/716Knit
Our annual and ever popular Yarn Fest is just a few weeks away!
Will help us understand all the different types of yarn we’ll see and want to buy at Yarn Fest. What exactly is Aran or lace yarn? What does Ply have to do with yarn? What if a pattern calls for Sport Weight but you want to knit in another weight. Can you and how? Jenna will help us sort through it all and get us ready for Yarn Fest.
Sue’s Tips and Tricks
MAY 10, 2017 YARN FEST 2018
We’re combining this year’s Yarn Fest with Seminar Weekend so it’s sure to be better than ever! Vendors from across New York State and Pennsylvania will be available for your stash enhancement. Bring a friend! The event is open to the public with plenty of items even non-knitters will want and enjoy! Cash and credit Cards accepted.
JUNE 7, 2017 YEAR END CELEBRATION
- TRUNK SHOW – What’s popular for the summer and what trends to expect in the fall? We’ll show you tonight!
- GUILD FASHION SHOW – It’s time to walk the catwalk at the annual Guild Fashion Show. Model the one item you knit this year that you are most proud of.
- Election– Vote for next year’s Board
- KAL Reveal – Tonight’s the night to Show off your KAL!
2017-2018 Program Committee Chair: Gina Passantino